- Physics lab overview of goals, procedures
- Learn how to use Capilano computers and access the internet
- Overview and test logon procedures, web access, e-mail, word processor and spreadsheets
- Introduction to significant figures and uncertainties
- Determine lab ceiling height through several different methods
- review unit conversions, trig, sci notation
This is intended, as a first Physics lab, to provide an introduction to the experimental process and the hands on experience with some Physics processes. The experimental process involves the recording a lab notes (data, calculations, notes) into a notebook which may be used for future activities. The Physics lab processes are divided into investigations which include one or more experiments within each period.
All the lab material is on this web site, there is no printed copy. Students are expected to maintain their own notes or printed copies, of what they require to complete this lab course, in a lab notebook. The course textbook provides the background material (theory and equations) to the lab experiments. The lab notebook is required to be brought to each lab period. It is also recommended students also bring their course textbook.